Readings for the classes are available below in pdf format or as links to articles. If you have trouble or questions please email Rachael at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, October 6:
Monday, Oct 13:
Write 1 – 2 pages reflecting on these questions:
-What has been most agitating to you?
-What are you struggling to understand/integrate?
-What “aha “/unveilings have you had so far?
-How is all of this impacting your faith, and you internally and spirituality?
Monday, October 20:
Monday, October 27:
- “Who Owns the West?: Seven Wrong Answers,”
- Off The Rails: The Fossil Fuel Takeover of the PNW
- Climate Change Impacts in the United States: Northwest
- Seven Deadly Sins and Virtues
- Capitalism vs Markets Chart
Monday, November 3 and 10th:
Monday, November 17th- FINAL CLASS
Here is your homework for this week:
1) One intentional relational conversation with someone on your team!
2) Meet with your team!
3) Come next week with…
a) an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of paper (card stock if possible) upon which are words/colors/drawings that reflect your personal next steps in your own leadership development and in this biocommons work
b) one 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of paper for YOUR TEAM that includes words/colors/drawings, etc. that reflect your TEAM’S next steps in your work.
We will be creating a mural with these pieces of paper, so be as creative as you want!
4) IF YOU HAVE NOT turned in the list of organizations you are involved with (see Cecil’s email dated Nov. 4 entitled “Notes, Attachment, and Additional Assignment”), please reply to Cecil with your list so he can compile them for our last class.
5) IF YOU HAVE NOT paid your registration fee…please bring a check next week or contact Rachael at email@example.com to make other arrangements. We will also be inviting you to offer further financial support for EcoFaith Recovery’s great work as we are nearing the end of the fiscal year, so if you would like to bring an additional gratitude/love offering, please do!
Also, we will spend time evaluating the course, so any thinking you can do in advance will make that evaluation more rich.
And speaking of evaluating the class…YOU ARE ALL INVITED to join the teaching team for a deeper evaluation and time to look ahead to our next steps on Monday, November 24 in the evening (exact time and location to be confirmed).
Here are some RESOURCES to help with your personal and team discernment!
1) Attached is the list of NEXT STEPS FOR BIOCOMMONS PARTICIPANTS AND TEAMS we handed out in the class last night.
2) Here is the link to the EcoFaith Recovery website, where you can find the “Practices for Awakening Leadership” as well as sample meeting formats using the practices and lots of other helpful material relating to the practices under the “THE PRACTICES” tab.
If you want to print the flyer with the practices, a downloadable version is under the “RESOURCES” tab.
3) Several people asked if the “OBC Sermon Nov. 10, 2014” I gave last night was written out, and yes, it is! If you were not able to come to the class last night, you might find it helpful for integrating as we approach the end of the course.
4) Attached also please find the lyrics to the Neil Young song Tobe played for us last night. Who’s Gonna Stand Up
5) Finally, as we all know, it’s important to know that we are NOT the only people thinking about what we’ve been thinking about! Below, in the EcoFaith Recovery e-news, see an invitation to a workshop this weekend that is all about bringing people together to envision what the 2nd YES looks like (they don’t use that language, but that’s what they’re talking about :). IF YOU GO…don’t be quiet! Bring some of the perspectives, insights and visions we have shared in this Biocommos process to help shape the vision going forward! For that matter…bring some EcoFaith flyers or the OBC flyer too (all on the website) :).