A Grounded Faith: Reconnecting with Creator and Creation in the Season of Lent
Dive deep with a Lenten devotional, A Grounded Faith, as a companion to Becoming Rooted, tailored to a Christian context dealing with such themes as land acknowledgement, repentance, taking responsibility for participation in domination systems such as white supremacy, the legacy of the Doctrine of Discovery, etc.
Each day’s entry contains a Scripture passage, an excerpt from Becoming Rooted, a reflection by one of the writers, and a suggested practice for the day. For more details, to receive information about purchasing the devotional or to inquire about a discount for orders of 5 or more devotionals, contact Janet Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org. receive information about purchasing the devotional or to inquire about a discount for orders of 5 or more devotionals, contact Janet Parker, email@example.com..
A Grounded Faith was inspired by Randy Woodley’s book, Becoming Rooted: One Hundred Days of Reconnecting with Sacred Earth. EcoFaith Recovery designed a Lenten devotional which can be used as a companion to Becoming Rooted or as a stand-alone resource. The devotional invites participants to reconnect with our Creator and with Creation as a core dimension of Christian practice. Seven authors from diverse backgrounds will lead readers through the 40 days of Lent with Scripture, excerpts from Randy’s book, reflections, and suggested practices.
Now available to order in digital and print form! Discounts available for orders of 5 or more. Order from Barclay Press here.
- Tommy Airey, co-founder of radicaldiscipleship.net, author of Descending Like a Dove: Adventures in Decolonizing Evangelical Christianity (2018)
- Cherice Bock, Theology Professor, Creation Justice Advocate for Oregon Interfaith Power and Light
- Michael Ellick, UCC Pastor, Director of Public Engagement for Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon
- Joshua Grace, Street artist, intercultural learner & educator, board member of Eloheh
- Solveig Nilsen-Goodin, Interim Pastor, Salt and Light Lutheran Church, EcoFaith Recovery leader
- Janet Parker, UCC pastor, Christian ethicist, EcoFaith Recovery leader
- Jim Sequeira, Pastor, Cascade View Covenant Church, board member of Eloheh
Resources from January 2022 A Grounded Faith book launch
Join Becoming Rooted Worship Listserv
EcoFaith Recovery has created a listserv for people who want to share worship resources with one another to support your congregation’s engagement with Becoming Rooted during the entire 100 days, including but not limited to Lent and Holy Week. If you want to integrate insights and perspectives from the book into your church’s worship experience and share ideas with others, sign up for the new listserv BecomingRootedWorship@ecofaithrecovery.org on the EcoFaith website’s RSVP page (scroll down to the bottom of the page). Or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to the listserv.
Prices for A Grounded Faith:
- Click here to order the printable pdf or ebook = $3 (ebook available in epub or mobi format—both work on Kindle and other devices)
- Click here to order the print copy: (5.5 x 8.5 booklet) = $12
- Barclay Press will offer a 20 percent discount to anyone who orders five or more copies ($9.60 per book)
- Barclay Press will offer a 25 percent discount to anyone who orders ten or more copies ($9 per book)
- Barclay is making shipping and handling free on all orders of this book!