We, the staff and Core Team of EcoFaith Recovery join Friends of the Earth in this commitment to anti-oppression.
“We commit ourselves to working together to embody the following principles and values:
- We believe that the all forms of life on earth are sacred and interconnected.
- We believe that all peoples have the right to self-determination.
- We believe that social, economic and environmental issues are interconnected and interdependent.
- We seek to engage in activism that is rooted in an analysis of power that sees all systems of oppression as interrelated. We are therefore committed to identifying and understanding the interrelations between all systems of oppression as well as to challenging the power structures and narratives that legitimize them and perpetuate injustices.
- We commit to examining the resources and privileges we have and utilizing them thoughtfully, respectfully, honestly and transparently.
- We believe that all people should have equitable access to the decision-making processes of government agencies and political entities. We therefore take responsibility for equalizing power and creating a space where all are encouraged to actively engage, listen, speak and act with respect.
- We commit to listening to, learning from and amplifying the voices of our allies. We value the voices of historically marginalized and oppressed people, including youth, women, queer folks, and people of color. We are committed to building relationships with impacted communities and a broad base of constituents across social, economic and political boundaries.
- We are committed to being a visible ally. We are committed to action, taking public positions against oppression and building broad-based movements for environmental, social, and economic justice.”