I hope this finds you full of faith and spirit, whether or not you are currently working on Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF).
I am taking a break from it, myself. I’m in Bozeman Montana, starting a week of Practice 7 (renewal) in Yellowstone National Park with my husband Thor. So, this will be a brief post about great things other EcoFaithers are doing.
Emily Herbert of First Unitarian is putting together a PCEF event that’s engaging the various churches of downtown Portland (quite a cat-herding accomplishment). Rev. E.D. Mondaine (president of Portland’s NAACP chapter) and Tony DeFalco of Verde will be speaking. I’m coming, hope you will too!
People of Faith For PCEF
Thursday October 11th
6:00 Buchan Hall — food, networking, live music by Porch Revival
7:00 Program in Eliot Chapel
Welcome back to Solveig Nilsen-Goodin, who just completed a backpacking pilgrimage with other people of faith along Oregon’s wet, chilly north coast. I admire Solveig’s feet-on-the-earth tenacity. And love and prayers for Robyn Hartwig, caring for parents and parents-in-law in Minnesota and Texas.
Finally, thanks to my co-chair Scott Shurtleff for putting together the comprehensive set of resources below for folks who are putting faith into action by working on PCEF. I can see from the second item that so far, the following churches are doing PCEF events: Augustana Lutheran, St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Central Lutheran, Waverly Heights UCC, Lincoln St Methodist, First Unitarian, St. Luke Lutheran, St. Andrew Catholic Parish, and Peace Church of the Brethren. Great work!
- EcoFaith Recovery House Party Program Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/15jIhwjeCBZvF8Kj02CP-MjalLikfpv_FaiqWucCOm5A/view?usp=sharing)
- EcoFaith Recovery House Party Tracking Sheet
- Sample Newsletter Text
- Faith-Based PCEF Two-Pager
- PCEF Campaign’s House Party Host Kit (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DYcHg7ymEvu32gflxBh9qoWtw-ZPcwvldFDu2YwdhAM/view?usp=sharing)
- PCEF Campaign’s Core Messaging Document (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGix73CCR4TUFNvRlkyZnFBMS1YZHI4Y0NXM0dnMFdoTXpr/view?usp=sharing)
- PCEF Campaign’s Speaker Guidelines (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGix73CCR4TZnN2R25wUWpaV2tMc0s1ZXpDbWFnRGFndHJF/view?usp=sharing)
Never miss a blog post or other important PCEF updates by joining the JustEnergyTransition listserve. Email Office@EcoFaithRecovery.org to sign up.