A grant has made it possible for EcoFaith Recovery to offer five internships for young adults ages 18-30 for leadership development in faith-based eco-justice work. Those accepted as interns will be required to attend the Weekend Institute to gain a deeper understanding of the scope of EcoFaith Recovery and the central practices for awakening leadership. After the Weekend Institute, interns will have the rest of the year to complete a 50-70 hour project, for which they will receive a stipend of $10 per hour. The project will be identified in conversation with EcoFaith Intern Coordinator, Sarah Holst, and will engage both the interests and gifts of the intern as well as the practices of EcoFaith Recovery.
Interns will be asked to do the following:
Attend the EcoFaith Weekend Institute
- Identify a local mentor with whom they can meet at least once a month.
- Participate once a month in an intern cohort virtual meeting.
- Track their weekly hours on the project.
- Write a reflection/report halfway through completion of their project, as well as when they have finished the internship.
- More details about the internship can be found here. For further questions, or to ask for an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org