Join Christians and others of good will who are ready to move beyond fossil fuels and who seek spiritual grounding, shared values, common practices, and real relationships from which to act. . . and act powerfully!
MEETING IN MARCH:
Thursday, June 8th. Potluck beginning at 6 pm.
Program/meeting 6:30-8:30 pm.
Central Lutheran Church, 1820 NE 21st Ave, (off NE Broadway)
Upcoming 2017 meeting dates – second Thursdays
Please join us! If you’ve missed G4A meetings over recent months due to the many demands of life, please don’t hesitate to come back. We’d love to see you again! 2017 is going to be a great year for EcoFaith Beyond Fossil Fuels! We’ve come a long way and we’re excited to see what this next chapter will bring. JOIN US!
About Beyond Fossil Fuels – an Initiative of EcoFaith Recovery
The EcoFaith Recovery Beyond Fossil Fuels Organizing Team invites you to join us for our monthly Grounding for Action organizing meeting. Grounding for Action is facilitated by leaders from EcoFaith Recovery’s Beyond Fossil Fuels Organizing Team.
Grounding for Action will be utilizing the meeting format outlined in EcoFaith’s Practices for Awakening Leadership! We are the first EcoFaith’s Initiatives to engage this new model and can therefore pave the way (or de-pave the way, for us ecologically-oriented types) for other initiatives, as well as our own congregational teams!
Join Christians and others of good will who are building strength to participate in the fossil fuel resistance movement and who seek spiritual grounding, shared values, common practices, and real relationships from which to act. . . and act powerfully!
Special thanks to Finn Lambourn and our partners Wilderness Way for sharing these recordings with us:
The Journey is Long
We are the Change
…in relationships and other practices from community organizing (IAF)
…in spirituality and scripture from the Christian tradition
…in values and language from the tradition of Kingian nonviolence
…in the wisdom of the 12-step Recovery movement.
As a Grounding for Action group, we will be in active discernment about how we grow as leaders and answer our calls to active resistance.
- How do we prepare for a decision like this?
- How can we support one another?
- How can we build the movement together?
- We’ll share together about this “moment in the movement”
- We will each have time in small groups to reflect and share about climate change organizing in our own congregations. (Wherever you are is perfect. . . and what’s the next step?)
- How do we discern the most powerful campaigns, actions, and initiatives to put our growing power behind?
These G4A meetings are coming to serve a triple purpose:
1) for all participants each month: support/grounding/updates to nourish and inspire our own organizing in our own congregations, and
2) for a few who step up each month: a lab to build skills of leadership that can help you succeed in your own organizing work.
3) for all of Ecofaith Recovery: As G4A/Beyond Fossil Fuels grows in our ability to discern powerful focus for public action on climate change, we are becoming a leverage point that can help catalyze the entire Ecofaith Recovery network.